Roland DJ-505 2-Channel, 4-Deck DJ Controller for Serato DJ
Roland DJ-505 Overview
The Roland DJ-505 is a professional, 2-channel, 4-deck Serato controller that blends the advanced capabilities of Serato DJ with the sounds and sequencing of Roland's TR-808, TR-909, TR-606, and TR-707 drum machines, making it well suited for mobile DJs, live performances, house parties, clubs, bars, and production facilities.
Like the flagship DJ-808 and the compact DJ-202, the streamlined Roland DJ-505 offers power and flexibility to anyone wishing to DJ, remix, and produce. The professional-grade enclosure features a built-in 24-bit/ 48 kHz audio interface, which provides high-end conversion for the master and booth outputs for clear, powerful sound. Two sets of master outputs include stereo XLR and stereo RCA, while the booth output is offered on two balanced 1/4" outputs. Additionally, there are two headphone outputs (1/4" and 1/8"), which enable two headphones to be connected simultaneously. There is also a high-quality 1/4" microphone input, which allows you to add vocals or instruments to your performance setup and includes multiple effects such as gate, hi-pass filter, reverb, and echo.
Using Roland's patented Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, the Roland DJ-505 faithfully recreates the original sound and character of these classic machines, giving you the ability to program and create rhythm tracks using the same pallet of sounds used by iconic artists for decades. The DJ-505 offers several instruments including bass drum, snare drum, closed hat, open hat, tom, rim, clap, and ride. What's more, the DJ-505 provides dedicated control knobs for level, attack, decay, and tune to help you fine-tune your sounds.
The large, low-latency platters are optimized for scratching, while the eight dedicated touch pads offer control over the included full version of Serato DJ with several modes such as, hot cue, roll, slicer, TR, pattern, and sampler. The integrated 16-step sequencer not only triggers TR sounds, but can also utilize Serato's on-board sampler. The unit also offers a standard 5-pin DIN MIDI output, allowing you to connect and synchronize other outboard gear such as Roland's AIRA instruments and effects.
The Roland DJ-505 includes the Serato Tool Kit license, which includes Serato Pitch n' Time DJ, Serato Flip, and all Serato DJ FX packs. Should you wish to utilize external decks, such as turntables or CD players, simply connect them to the DJ-505's rear-panel RCA inputs. The system can also be upgraded with the optional Serato DVS. The Roland DJ-505 also ships with an AC adapter, a power cord, and a USB cable.
- Two channels and Deck Select for up to four decks
- Large, low-latency platters optimized for scratching
- Eight dedicated pad controls for Serato DJ with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer, TR, Pattern, and Sampler modes
- Built-in, fully editable drum kits from Roland’s TR-808, TR-909, TR-606, and TR-707, realized with advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology (TR-606 and TR-707 sounds will be added in a future user-installable firmware update)
- TR kits contain eight sounds: Bass drum, snare drum, closed hat, open hat, tom, rim, clap, and ride, which can be played on the performance pads and triggered from the sequencer
- Shape TR drum sounds and Serato samples in real time with Level, Attack, Decay, and Tune knobs
- Classic 16-step sequencer that can trigger either TR drum sounds or Serato Sample; new features include nudge (TR-S), step-roll, and instrument/sample mute
- Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Tool Kit license (includes Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ, Serato Flip, and all Serato DJ FX packs)
- Mixer can be used standalone by connecting multi-players or turntables to the line and phono inputs; Serato DVS upgrade-ready
- Balanced XLR outputs let you connect to a professional PA system; 1/4" booth out, plus separate 1/4" and 1/8" headphone outputs allow you to monitor your mixes
- Mic input with gate, hi-pass, reverb, and echo FX
- MIDI output to sync external devices with Serato DJ and the TR-S sequencer