M-Audio Hammer 88 88-Key USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller
M-Audio Hammer 88 Overview
The Hammer 88 from M-Audio is an 88-key USB/MIDI keyboard controller designed to provide realistic piano-style feel and control of virtual instruments for musicians, composers, and programmers on stage or in the studio. It features 88 velocity-sensitive, hammer-action keys, which are fully weighted to reproduce the feel of playing on a grand piano. The included music rest is convenient for sheet music or propping up a phone or tablet.
The keyboard can be split into multiple zones, allowing layers, splits, and single-key chords. Separate 1/4” inputs are available for sustain, soft, and expression pedals. Use the pitch bend and mod wheels to add portamento and glissando effects. The dedicated volume control delivers easy level adjustment. The assignable Plus/Minus buttons enable you to select programs, effects, octaves, and more.
Control your favorite virtual instruments via USB, or connect the MIDI output to an external sound module or drum machine. The Hammer 88 supports plug-and-play compatibility on Mac OS X and Windows, and is USB-powered.
- 88 velocity-sensitive, fully weighted, hammer-action keys can faithfully capture your performance subtleties, while providing the response of a traditional grand piano. Combine the classic feel of a piano with the sonic power of your favorite virtual instruments.
- With a unity-locking pitch wheel and a separate modulation wheel, add portamento and glissando effects, or map the Mod wheel to any assignable parameter in your virtual instrument. With the dedicated Master Volume Fader, you can instantly control the intensity of your performance or MIDI map this to any compatible parameter in your DAW or virtual instrument collection for expanded, hands-on control. Use the assignable Up and Down buttons to select different programs, effects, MMC messages, jump between octaves and more.
- Pedal Inputs
- Three 1/4" inputs are provided for sustain, soft, and expression pedals. Connect your preferred pedals, then enjoy pedal-based performance articulation.
- Control virtual instruments in your favorite DAW via USB. Utilize the 5-pin MIDI output to send all MIDI information to any compatible peripheral device, including hardware synthesizers, sound modules, and drum machines.
- The Hammer 88 is USB-powered, class-compliant, and supports USB-MIDI connectivity for hassle-free setup that lets you focus on your creativity. No drivers are required; plug-and-play connectivity is supported on Mac OS X and Windows. For iOS users, Hammer 88 supports seamless connectivity via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (available separately), enabling you to compose with audio apps on your iPad and other iOS devices.