Korg Volca Sample Digital Sample Sequencer
Korg VOLCASAMPLE Overview
The Volca Sample from Korg is a digital sample sequencer that allows for sequencing up to one-hundred samples. The step sequencer is designed for ease of editing and to allow parts to be inserted or removed "on the fly." Sixteen step-keys enter notes while maintaining visual confirmation of the timing of the notes in a measure. A performance can be recorded in real time. Up to ten of the sequence patterns created can be stored in internal memory.
The motion sequence function records any time-varying changes made to the sound using the knob movements. An active step function allows for skipping steps during the sequence, and the step jump function instantly plays just the key-pressed step. A swing function adjusts the swing playback position, generating the distinctive groove of dance music styles.
A frequency isolator applies changes to the sound by boosting or cutting the low/high ranges with the isolator implemented as an analog circuit. The built-in reverb effect can be switched on/off for each part, and it is possible to save up to six song patterns, each combining up to sixteen sequences. Additional samples can be loaded using the volca sample's dedicated iOS app (the internal sounds are overwritten).
- Intuitive sequencer with improvisation potential
- Motion sequencer records and plays back up to eleven parameters
- Active Step and Step Jump functions allow for inserting or removing steps
- Swing function for generating grooves
- Sculpt samples with the Analog Isolator
- Reverb effect
- Reverse function plays sampled sounds backwards
- MIDI In for sample trigger, sync and parameter changes from any MIDI device
- Synchronized playback with other volca units, electribe, or DAW
- Record, manage, and download samples from volca sample's dedicated iOS app
- Create custom tools with the Korg SYRO library included in the SDK
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker