M-Audio M3-8 3-Way Active Studio Monitor (Single)
M-Audio M3-8 Overview
The single M3-8 3-Way Active Studio Monitor from M-Audio is designed to bring your mixes to the next level utilizing three individual class A/B amplifiers; high-quality low-, mid-, and high-frequency drivers; and a precision-designed cabinet and baffle. Whether you're mixing a dynamic 100-piece full orchestra, a full-throttle rock band, or high-energy electronic music, this monitor enables you to make confident and precise adjustments to your recordings.
It is built with an 8" woven Kevlar low-frequency woofer, a 5" woven Kevlar midrange driver, and a 1" silk dome tweeter with an integrated waveguide. There are XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs and a RCA unbalanced input on the rear panel. In addition, there is a 3-band EQ with bypass and a switchable low-cut filter also on the rear panel.
The M3-8 monitor delivers three-way sound with midrange detail, higher power-handling, and broader sound coverage—from the same size cabinet as a standard two-way monitor.
- In-Line MF/HF Design
- The midrange and tweeter are mounted in-line with each other at precisely the same point in space. This means the sound of the two drivers (midrange and treble) reaches your ears at the same time
- Kevlar Low and Mid-Frequency Drivers
- Kevlar is used in both the M3-8's 8" woofer and the 5" midrange, giving those units fast transient attack, sensitivity, and resistance to cone flexing
- Silk Dome Tweeter with Ferro-Fluid Cooling
- The 1" woven silk dome tweeter uses Ferro-fluid voice coil cooling for added reliability and delivers no harshness or listening fatigue
- Custom Waveguide
- The tweeter is mounted in an integrated waveguide. It focuses and directs the treble energy into the listening field and ensures a solid and stable sonic image, which minimizes random acoustic scatter that distracts from the recording's playback
- Precision-Designed Baffle and Cabinet
- The baffle is chamfered at the top edges to add in dispersion and reduce edge diffraction. The cabinet's internal bracing provides a solid platform for the drivers to launch their sound, and the port has been calibrated for the optimum bass response
- Three Individual Class A/B Amplifiers
- Three individual internal amplifiers provide power to each of the three speaker elements. They are tailored to the drivers and are matched for smooth operation and system management. A total of 220 watts of Class A/B amplification empowers the M3-8 with ample headroom for even the loudest mixes