Akai Professional MPC Touch Music Production Controller
Akai Professional MPC TOUCH Overview
Featuring a 7" multi-touch screen, the MPC Touch from Akai is a MIDI controller for music production that builds upon classic MPC design by providing you with new display-based touch-and-tap options. The ability to grab and pinch waveforms, draw MIDI events, adjust envelopes, chop samples, add effects, and precisely set controls is all made possible by its full-color display-and the application of your fingertips.
The unit also features controls that exhibit the familiar, traditional MPC feel, such as a transport setup for playback and recording, a set of four touch-sensitive knobs, a Data Encoder knob for push-and-twist control of various parameters, and a full complement of 16 velocity-sensitive MPC pads (all fully assignable). A main menu button allows you to configure tracks and programs of sequences for on-board MPC instruments, while a browser control gives you access over your computer's internal and external hard disks for sample, sequence, and song loading.
Additionally, the unit comes loaded with MPC software, and over 20,000 sounds from companies such as Air, Sample Tools, MVP Loops, Prime Loops, SONiVOX, and Tool Room.
- 7" color multi-touch display
- 16 velocity-sensitive MPC pads with RGB back-lighting
- 2x TRS inputs and outputs
- Step Sequencer with touch interface
- XYFX control adds effects and adjusts dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper enables connection of any instrument to create loops
- Pad Mixer for setting levels, stereo panning, and adding VST effects
- Sample Edit control for trimming, chopping, and processing your samples